Security guards accused of TV theft
Paid to protect and guard, three security officers are said to have switched channels, allegedly breaking into a warehouse in Francistown and briefly making away with 72 television sets.
Valued at P142, 800, the haul included 60 smart 43-inch TVs and a further 12 televisions at 60-inch size.
The trio: Zibanani Mdoboyi, 24, Modisaotsile Maswabi, 30, and Mawatle Amogelang, 34, are said to have roped in 25-year-old Zimbabwean, Ndodana Dube, to help them carry out the daring Sunday morning raid at Nihama Warehouse in Somerset Industrial.
It seems the suspects were in a hurry to get rid of the loot, as the cops received a tip-off that a group had been seen selling dodgy TVs later that day.
Charged with warehouse breaking and theft, the four men appeared before Francistown Magistrates Court on Tuesday where plea was reserved.
Securing their remand, the Prosecutor, Dick Moffat revealed over half of the stolen TVs have not been found.
“We have so far recovered 35 TV sets; 37 are still missing. The Investigating Officer is still on the lead to recover the other televisions,” disclosed the DPP veteran, adding Dube does not have any travelling documents and thus is a flight risk.
Given the chance to address court, the three guards chose to keep their silence, with Dube the only one to speak up. The unemployed Zimbabwean maintained his innocence, insisting he did not partake in the break-in but was hired to ‘transport’ the TVs.
Denied bail, the quartet returns to court on 23 February for status update.


