Roasted to death on independence day

Grooving in the Ghetto
Burning fire

A 57-year-old man of Dinaleding ward in Kanye has died from a house fire on Independence Day.

- Advertisement -

A paraffin lamp is suspected to have caused the inferno.

The fire was apparently spotted by a neighbour who swiftly rushed to the scene, but unfortunately attempts to save the man’s life were too late as he was found burnt beyond recognition.

Kanye police station Assistant Superintendent Mogogi Matlhaba confirmed to this publication that the incident occurred in the evening and it was reported the same day.

- Advertisement -

“I can confirm the death incident. We are still investigating the matter. We have realized that such incidents involving elderly people who live alone are now increasing in numbers. The past two weeks we had a similar case of an elderly person aged 52 who also died alone in his house., We believe old people should have caretakers,” advised the concerned police boss.

Leave a comment