Woman miscarries after getting stabbed in the belly

Gofaone Koogotsitse

Attempting to come to her niece’s rescue, a pregnant woman paid a terrible price for her bravery, miscarrying her baby after being stabbed in the stomach.

As of Wednesday, 12 days after the horror attack, 37-year-old Seipone Ramasia remains in critical condition at Princess Marina Hospital.

Her suspected attacker, Kealeboga Letsholo, 30, appeared before Molepolole Magistrate Court on Monday charged with unlawful wounding.

It was heard that on 30 October at a depot in Molepolole’s Lekgwapheng ward, Letsholo knifed Ramasia in the stomach after she interfered in an argument he was having with his girlfriend.

Earlier on the fateful day, Ramasia arrived home from the shops, where her son promptly informed her Letsholo was harassing her niece, Galaletsang Ramasia, at a nearby drinking spot.

Despite being five months pregnant, Ramasia rushed to the scene to try and diffuse the situation.

- Advertisement -

It is said Letsholo did not take kindly to being reprimanded by the older lady, reportedly warning her that he would kill her if she dared interfere while he was talking to his woman.

The suspect allegedly jumped over a fence and stabbed Ramasia on the right side of her stomach, with the frightened lady falling to the ground in her haste to escape.

“Fortunately another woman hit Letsholo with a stone on the mouth. That was when Ramasia managed to stand up and, bleeding heavily, walked unsteadily to a nearby yard to seek assistance,” claimed a source, talking to The Voice outside court.

According to the source, Ramasia delivered a premature baby girl the following afternoon but the child died soon after birth.

“The infant suffered an injury to her head from the knife. We suspect this is what killed her,” continued the source.

Meanwhile, Letsholo was remanded in custody and is due back in court on 10 December. It is likely he will face further charges as the investigation develops.

- Advertisement -

Share This Article
Leave a comment