Man kills girlfriend, wounds sister then hangs


Police in Moshupa are investigating murder, attempted murder and suicide incidents in which a boyfriend is suspected to have used a metal rod to stab two sisters including his girlfriend and later committed suicide by hanging.

The man allegedly committed the gruesome crimes after he learnt from one of the children that their mother spent a night away from home the previous night.

According to Moshupa police Station Commander, Superintendent David Ramoseki, they received a report last Friday evening at around 3pm from a 62-year-old man of Sebeso ward in Lotlhakane West who is the brother to the two sisters.

He said the brother told them that he went to the hospital at Kanye and later, upon return, he decided to check on his two sisters residing at Tlhokwane lands.

- Advertisement -

Upon arrival at the lands the man was shocked to find his 44-year-old sister lying down in the yard with a deep wound on the forehead, struggling for life.

While still traumatised he also discovered the second sister aged 40 lying in a pool of blood with a deep wound at the back of the head without any sign of life and a metal rod next to her.

Sources further revealed that after the brother went to seek for assistance from the neighbours, he was informed that the deceased boyfriend went to the same neighbour’s yard where he dropped their two-year-old son.

“It was suspected that the victims were wounded with a sharp object and they were rushed to Mmaseetsele Clinic where the younger sister was confirmed dead while the surviving elder sister was referred to Kanye Seventh Day Adventist Hospital and later to Princess Marina Hospital where she is still hospitalised hopeful that she will recuperate,” sadly explained Superintendent Ramoseki, further noting that this week Monday he was found hanging, having committed suicide.

The suspect, aged 36 who also originates from Kgwatlheng ward in Kanye, was reportedly found hanging from a tree on top of a hill near his parent’s field at Marutlwe lands with a leather belt and shoe laces tied around his neck.

- Advertisement -

However, the police are saying they are still clueless as to what really transpired since the right people to assist with relevant information are the deceased and now relying on the victim who is still hospitalised and not yet interviewed.

The police boss revealed that as for now there was no eyewitness to assist with investigations.

The post-mortem for the deceased woman the boyfriend were conducted this week on Tuesday and Wednesday respectively.

- Advertisement -

The deceased woman allegedly leaves behind nine children while the surviving sister is a nursing mother for a two weeks old baby.

Leave a comment