Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

News

Granny dies in smoke

*Heartbreak as pensioner suffocates on smoke while clearing field

ILLUSTRATION: toxic veldt fire smoke

A 70-year-old woman of Mawaneng settlement in the Shakawe area died last weekend after reportedly suffocating on smoke from a fire she had lit while working at her farm.

The elderly woman is said to have been clearing her field in preparation for the ploughing season when the unfortunate incident occurred.

According to Acting Station Commander for Shakawe Police, Ogolotse Tampa, in the process of clearing the field, the woman set fire to the dry grass.

“Unfortunately the fire went out of control and while she was trying to put it off, she inhaled the smoke and collapsed,” Tampa explai...

SIGN UP and Login to read full story. Thank you.

Click to comment




You May Also Like

Advertisement

Copyright © TheVoiceBW. (Since1993) made with ❤️ in Botswana.