A man who is accused of the gruesome murder of his 21- year old girlfriend has turned to the Higher court for freedom; after he was denied bail by the Magistrate Court.
This was revealed this Wednesday at his appearance at the Extension II Magistrate Court. The accused man Kediemetse Mogotsi appeared before presiding Magistrate Botho Kgerethwa.
“We have been informed that the accused has turned to the High court to seek for bail, the case is currently before justice Rranowane, so we will be dealing with that,” said Lepekwane the prosecutor.
The state told the court that they had completed their investigations and had served the murder-accused man with all witness statements.
“We previously furnished the accused with other witness statements, today we will give him the last of the witness statements, his case has also been allocated to a new prosecutor who will be in court at the next mention,” said Lepekwane
Kgerethwa extended the accused man’s stay in prison after he turned down the opportunity to address the prosecution.
Mogotsi is in prison for allegedly killing and burying his 21 year old Girlfriend- Mariah Lesolebe- back in July 2017.
Lesolebe had been missing for a month before Mogotsi led the Police to where he had buried her, under a concrete floor at their rented home in Tlokweng.
The exhumation attracted a massive curious crowd who milled around at the crime scene until the young woman’s decomposed remains were taken away in a police van.
In an interview with The Voice reporters at the scene, one of the couple’s neighbours within the multi-residential compound, 46-year-old Odirile Ramoeng from Ramotswa village had said he heard that the two lovers had fought before the girlfriend was reported missing.