One of the four suspects fled to SA
Extension II Court Magistrate Ntombizodwa Ncube has granted four men suspected to have robbed Township Rollers bail on Monday.
The four suspects, Molefe Mogatusi 33, Jeffrey Molefe 38, Sehlule Mazilawa 33, and George Arabang 41, are charged with armed robbery.
The other suspect is still at large and police investigations shows he fled to South Africa.
It is alleged that on Aprl, 15th April at or near SA Sales acting jointly together in concert, the accused robbed Rollers treasurer Minkie Molatlhegi cash amounting to P200 000, Black Mercedes Benz, match tickets and Galaxy S7 phone valued at P15 000.
The robbery happened after Rollers game against Mochudi Centre Chiefs around 11pm.
Investigating Officer, Elias Segokgo pleaded with the court not to grant the accused bail as they are yet to arrest the fifth accused.
He said the accused led them to where they hid the match tickets. He said their fear is should the suspects be granted bail, they might interfere with investigations.
When asked if he has something to ask, first accused Mogatusi said the police found him in possession of P400 and he asked them to tell court why they think it was part of Rollers gate takings.
He said police were assaulted him, tortured him and he ended up admitting to the offence.
Ncube was not convinced by Segokgo’s plea to further remand the accused in custody.
She said previously charges were dropped after finding out people were wrongly accused yet they had already spent a month in custody.
Granting the accused bail,Ncube ordered that the accused pay P2 500 and provide two sureties who will bind themselves with the same amount.
They were also ordered to report to Old Naledi Police Station every Friday, attend court on set dates, not commit similar offence and not interfere with police investigations.
Their next mention was set for June 5.