BOSASNet would like to wish our readers a very happy and prosperous New Year!
The start of the year is a great time to reflect on your lifestyle and consider the changes you might want to make for the future.
Lots of people make resolutions to improve themselves in some way and often this relates to their health: losing weight, getting fit, eating healthier or quitting smoking for example.
The problem with making too many changes at once is that it can be hard to sustain and resolutions can end up being broken by the end of the month.
The most effective way to make a difference to your lifestyle is to take small steps and make long term changes that are easier to sustain.
Here are our tips for reducing alcohol use:
- Try to have at least three days without alcohol a week and gradually increase this
- Learn how many units of alcohol are in each drink: the recommended guidelines are for women to drink no more than 2-3 units and men no more than 3-4 but this can also depend on your size and general health
- Reduce the amount of alcohol you drink on each occasion; alternate with soft drinks, go for weaker strength lagers or long drinks that don’t contain as much alcohol
- Remove alcohol from the house and avoid buying it in large quantities
- Try some new activities that don’t involve alcohol
If you want advice and support about reducing substance use, contact BOSASNet on 395 9119 or 72659891. You can also find us on Facebook or visit us at www.bosasnet.com