A Molapowabojang man has been charged with negligence after a baby he was left in the care of was badly scalded by boiling water.
24-year old Joseph Pitsane who is expected to appear before a magistrate’s court after the victim heals, was allegedly left in the care of a 23-months old infant when the mother was away.
Pitsane is said to have boiled the water in a 5 litre container in order to prepare some porridge, but went to the toilet leaving the baby unattended.
When he got back he found that the container tipped over and the water spilled on the floor where the child was sleeping.
Instead of seeking help, Pitsane is said to have applied salt and cold water in the affected part and waited for the mother to return and take the child to the clinic.
The child who was badly burnt with blisters on the head, face, buttocks and toes was treated and discharged while Pitsane was arrested and charged for child ill-treatment.