Home Headlines Missing boy’s remains discovered

Missing boy’s remains discovered

39619
0
YOUNG: Clifford
YOUNG: Clifford

The remains of the young Gaborone schoolboy who went missing on Wednesday 2 March were found this morning near Mmankgodi village.

Clifford Mochocho, 11, a standard six student at Bosele Primary School, was last seen alive over a month ago, sparking a desperate nationwide search for him.

Sadly that search came to a tragic end today after the deceased’s stepmother, Gaofenngwe Selaolo, who was in police custody on suspicion of being involved in the young boy’s disappearance, led investigating officers to where Clifford’s body was buried.

The 32-year-old Selaolo had been denied bail by Broadhurst Magistrates Court for abduction charges only yesterday.

According to the boy’s devastated father, Louis Masimba, Clifford left for school as usual that fateful Wednesday morning but never returned home. Masimba had hoped against hope for his son’s safe return but, as the days mounted, the chances of Clifford returning unharmed became increasingly unlikely. Today that hope turned to despair.

Missing Boy's Family captured outside Marina mortuary
Missing Boy’s Family captured outside Marina mortuary

Although they were no longer in a relationship, having broken up at the end of last year, Masimba and Selaolo remained close and continued to live together in Block 3.

When reached for a comment the grieving father Masimba said he was not in a good state to talk to the media.

‘This is a sensitive situation and I cannot give a comment at the moment,’ he said.

The family are currently making emergency arrangements for Clifford’s immediate burial, as his body is reputedly too badly decomposed to be kept in the mortuary.

Broadhurst Station Commander Superintendent, Bonosi Molapisi said investigations are ongoing and confirmed that a suspect has been remanded in custody.