On Saturday 28th May, we saw some of Botswana’s best designers set the tone and mood for the new wedding season.
In the spirit of celebrating Botswana’s 50th independence anniversary celebrations, the stage was set alight by flowy, light wedding gowns with impeccable beading and luxury lace.
Hard to miss were the noticeable new wedding trend colours which included royal colours- deep maroons, emerald greens and golds, fit for an unconventional bride.
The overall ambiance of the designer mood boards played with light materials for the white gowns while what we could term the second attire for any bride, included embellished silky, floor length dresses, which mostly were form fitting.
Some of our favourite designer collections included DihDah Couture by Candida Tsheko, Switch Couture by Lame Chilume, Kefseddy Designs by Lesedi Matlapeng, BONDPHILL by Tlamo Mosinyi, Eccentric style loft, House of Kay by Kaone Moremong, Priestly by Tankiso Mathware and Izaura by Mothusi Lesolle.
Here are some of the show- stoppers from the night!
1. IZAURA BY MOTHUSI LESOLLE: Talk about a classic, even better in red!
2. ECCENTRIC STYLE LOFT: One word, Eclectic!
3. KEFSEDDY DESIGNS: Going off the norm, black gown is a must try!
4. BONDPHILL BY TLAMO MOSINYI: Fun, sporty, Athleisure wear with a feminine touch
5. DIHDAH COUTURE: By Candida Tsheko
6. PRIESTLY: By Tankiso Mathware